Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Shopping "Adventure"

If you are living in Australia, sometimes you'd find it really difficult to get certain beauty/cosmetic products of Greek, India, and Turkey, etc.
If you are like me, you'd google the items, and you'd find some - in the origin of the products (of course) and US-based online shopping sites. The problem is, that the shipping could cost fortune, or worse, they may not offer the shipping service to Australia, which can be a real bammer!

And yes, I've had many such experiences in the past.
What I didn't know, however, was just because google-search gives no results doesn't mean you can't get it locally - just that it's really hard to find out which shop stocks up the particular item, because those shops that do, often don't invest money on online ads.

But there's a simple trick to getting hold of those items.
Here's the tip.
Check the country of the item's origin.
Then go to the shop that's specialized in the country's products.

For example, if you're after Kajal or Henna products, simply go to local Indian groceries.
You might have to go to a few of them before you come across with the item you desire, but eventually, you will or if you don't, you'll find a similar item, and chances are, the price is a lot cheaper.

I'll give you some examples. Yesterday, I've found the Lakme Kajal for $2 at my local Indian grocery, where I get some incense and hair oil as well. Also I've been buying the Dalan olive soap pack of 5 bars for under $5 from my local Mediterranean supermarket.















You can check the price online and I can guarantee that you'll be shocked by how much some online shops are ripping you off!!!

If you're the first timer at Indian grocery or Italian/Greek supermarkets, you might feel a bit out of place to start with, since you might be the only "foreigner" in the shop, or because the smell of the shop maybe too distinct or too strong, but it'll soon turn into a fun adventure, where you'll find more unique, exotic items that tempt you to buy.

So I'm warning you now. It could be very addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment