Saturday, November 13, 2010

What Do You Think of Aussie Sense of Humour?

I was feeling a bit constricted for the past few weeks, so it's about time I start cracking not-so-funny jokes and laugh at myself in a positive way.
The problem is I'm not in the mood yet...I will be, soon.

Dad was like me, he was a quiet, introvert-type guy but used to crack
だじゃれ non-stop when he was in the right mood (laid-back mood).

My so-called jokes are probably leaning towards the naughty side. Because it's safer, light-hearted kinda joke that most people get. (Other jokes have the risk of getting misinterpreted as sarcasm.)

Last week, there was a male mannequin in the shop left undressed after someone bought his outfit, and I thought;
Oops. I gotta dress him.
We had a large selection of nice tops, but not many cool pants/jeans to match up at that moment.

My eyes swept the shop quickly - then I found a pair of tradie's overall.
Australian women love tradies (tradesmen), young, masculine and manly - sexy.
So here's what I did - I put the overall and a baseball cap on him, turning its brim sideways. I grinned inwardly imagining what would happen.

That kind of 'Innuendo' is something I find in so many magazines and tv ads in Australia, so you'd assume that majority would like that sort of a 'joke'?

[More than 'Innuendo' in a Lynx TV ad?]

Sure enough, next time I saw it the overall on him was all unbuttoned at the front.

Talking of TV ads, there're a few funny ads in Australia, (AAMI, Intel, etc. you know if you're Australian residents...although I wonder if AAMI is running out of ideas...)

Both me and hubby reckon Japanese tv ads are hilarious, those kick-ass ads are funny and quarky.
I'm tossing up whether Japanese ads are funnier than Australians...

まあ、下のリンクでご覧下さいませ。オーストラリアでも1と2を争う面白コマーシャルです。
日本のと比べてどう思いますか?
Well, just check out these following links to view 2 of the funniest Aussie ads.
What do you reckon compared to Japanese Ads?

([]
内をクリックするとユーチューブ画面にジャンプします。)
[AAMI commercial]
* Very clever, hope the insurance claims are as easy as what they suggest in this commercial. So where's the catch? - Hmmm, you gotta know 'What About Me' by Shanon Noll (ex 'Australian Idol' runner-up).

[Intel commercial]
* You don't have to understand English to enjoy this AD.

No comments:

Post a Comment