Saturday, November 13, 2010

There was nothing wrong...apart from the address. (Doctor Said)

I had a doctor appointment at 10am, but I couldn't make it on time.
The clinic has been shifted to the building which is closer to my house, and it is on the same street as the old address.
Naturally I presumed that it'd be super easy to locate the place. It wasn't.

Half the street is residential area and the other half closer to the station is the shopping precinct. Of course I thought that it would be in the latter part of the street.
It was. The problem was, I got the address wrong, and they didn't tell me that the name of the clinic has been changed.

I walked all the way up and down the street like a fool and still couldn't find the place - I rang the number on the business card and no one answered the call...until I was already 45 minutes late and finally reached the pre-recorded voice instruction.

Well, get down to the point now. As it turned out, what happened was, I walked straight past the clinic, thinking it was a new clinic (a different clinic), only because the name was changed and I had the wrong address. I was cursing my home phone that keeps making the voice cut up or fades away. That was why I didn't hear the first '2' of the street address. The one I got was 110 and the correct one was 210.

After all this mucking up, there was a consolation - The doctor found nothing seriously wrong with my health. :) - all the symptoms turned out to be the side effects of the medication I've been taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment