Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reminder to myself

After 2-hour non-stop recorder practice I found my performance level was lifted.

From what I think, the reason why I hadn't been able to hit the top 2 notes consistently was, that I was skipping the basics and trying to get it spot-on too fast.

Today I practiced scales to start, did it for 30 minutes at least until I was able to hit all notes consistently, and then went on playing the actual music. It sounded heaps better than last time.

The fingerings for this new recorder is slightly different from that for the old one, as I noticed, and it might take some getting used to.
That means I'd have to stick to this 30-minutes warm-up practice whether I like it or not, and I'd have to continue doing it even when I get hold of the new fingerings.

It's still a long way to the solid performance level. I gotta be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment