Saturday, November 13, 2010

Size matters.

It was a bad idea to have stayed up late to read books. I fell a bit sick last night after the close call and went to bed immediately.
In a way my occasional close call (body jerk) acts like a reminder or a reality check. Thankfully, after a deep good night sleep my body is rejuvenated.

This morning I had to do some weeding, which I had been procrastinating because of the incessant rain. Actually I enjoyed it - it was a nice feeling to go outside and breathe in the fresh air, and do something productive.

It has been a while since I started daily pseudo-Latin dance. I took a tape measure out of the cabinet and went about measuring my current size.
My waist line decreased by 5cm (aprox. 2 inch) but still not as small as what it used to be in my 20s.

While my thigh was chunky back in those days, my waist line never went beyond 60cm (23.7 inch)...but now the best I can do is going down to 63cm. This I suspect, is because of the water retention problem (my tummy is a slightly bit flabby).
The good news is that the size of my thigh is, for the first time since my teenage years, marked under 50cm! When my waist size was 58cm (I was 17 at that time), my thigh was over 60cm...the nightmare it was.

Well, so it's not bad. Indeed, not bad at all, because it means I have more balanced posture now than ever.

There's one confession that I have to make. I had a bad carb craving last night and gobbled up an entire pack of rice crackers!.
Imagine my shock and mortification when I saw the empty pack of rice crackers...

That, definitely needs to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment