Saturday, November 13, 2010

A little concern.

When I was eating my lunch, I tasted something funny in it.
It was not coming from the curry I cooked last night, but from the tupperware it was packed in.

What I smelt and tasted was dish detergent. Yuk.

Believe me, I rinsed it off really well. Like most women, I'm almost pathologically particular about the smell of the dishes after washing.
These days I mostly use the green olive oil soap to do the dishes but occasionally use dish washing liquid because I have to use it up.

Anyway, the point I want to make is, it could be possible that the residue or smell permeates into those plastic tupperwares. I'd never noticed that with other materials. It's only with plastic so far, but still it's dangerous isn't it?

You'd never know what sort of harmful chemicals are in those detergents, and if it leaves that sickening aftertaste in your mouth, it couldn't be good for us.

It's like using chemical insecticides in your house, or those room deodorants using artificial fragrance. Sure, I could be over-fastidious, but wouldn't you like to know what danger you're exposed to, wouldn't you?
It's about awareness, being given correct information, then we can make our own judgment.

Whatever the ingredients are, must be relatively harmless to 99% of people, but there are still 1% who are allergic or sensitive to some of the ingredients.
I've had bad experience with skincare/haircare products, and even with generic medication. The ingredients printed on the labels appear to be the same as what I normally use and have no reaction from and yet, when I use those generic products my skin/sculp or body reacts against them...so what's the hidden difference? You'd have to wonder wouldn't you?

For the time being there's nothing I can do to change this unfortunate reality (that we are not 100% informed) but will have learn from bad experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment