Saturday, November 13, 2010

If you win $10,000, will you spend it or save it?

1. Spend it. Because; life is short, therefore you should have fun while you can.
2. Save it. Life is unpredictable, so you should be financially prepared for what may or may not happen.

The answer. 2. That's what I more likely do. However, the idea 1. also tempts me.
Let's face it, I might die tomorrow, which means that I might miss out on the fun that I'd be able to have.

Is there anything I want that costs more than $10,000? I doubt it.
But I might need it for medical expense in the future. Might.
Hey, the fun will do me more good than the stress of having to not spend the money!

My mum was fanatic about saving (not so much so nowadays). When I was growing up, she didn't have any fun, no travelling, no catching up with friend over meal or coffee. She sacrificed part of her happiness in order to save more money.

There are many times I wonder what sort of money is enough for me to secure my future, which is a question to which I have no answer.
I've never been to any other country than Australia. To be honest, I don't want to be like my mum who sacrificed her pleasure for our family's financial security.
Besides I don't have any kids to support, or leave my meager possessions to.

So what shall I do with the money I have at present, it's probably enough for some fun - Shall I spend it now or wait a bit longer?

I guess I will wait a bit longer for a bigger fun.
But what would I do IF I were to win $10,000? - well I would spend some of it if the sum has extra zero - for sure. It would be fab to spend a long holiday overseas!!!

Hey it hasn't happen yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment