Saturday, November 13, 2010

Flu remedies

I've been sickish over a week now, but today was the worst yet.
The sore throat, headache and nausea became really bad in the afternoon so I went off line and took it easy for a few hours.

When I was a kid, mum used to make a juice with grated apple and carrot to soothe my stomach. I had a sensitive stomack back then and I used to have acid reflux whenever I caught cold.

Eating fruit in the morning is always a good thing, she used to say.
And I still believe that...although these days I eat fruit any time of the day.

I also have my? recipe for flu remedy. Well, not precisely mine, as it's a recipe I pinched off the tea in supermarket. - and I do that too often. :P

It's just a hot drink with lemon juice, grated ginger and honey in it.
Why would I have to buy lemon-and-ginger tea when I have all the ingredient?
It's cheaper and seems to work better when I make it myself.

I'm drinking it right now - and loving it.
Probably I'll try my mum's recipe tomorrow morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment