Friday, December 28, 2012

Black Fuel

...is an original band based in Melbourne, Australia.
...is one of thousands of original bands in Melbourne.
...is special to me because Ian's in the band.

After many years of doing cover band circuit, he decided to go back to playing original songs with Black Fuel.
Believe it or not, I was never into the band scene until I met Ian, but I have always been a music lover. So much so that I could be annoyingly fussy at times about bands he's been in and his performance.

Last month I went to check out Black Fuel's gig for the first time,
which was the first show Ian played with the guys.

I always believed that chemistry is an important factor for a band to work. If there are two vocals, the two voices also have to blend well and compliment each other.
If you play in a band I guess you would understand what I'm saying.

There had been some other gigs I went to which I wasn't quite happy with.
Maybe it was because that the chemistry wasn't right.

With Black Fuel that first night, it was completely different.
They had this amazing chemistry that seem to transcend their performance as a whole.
And witnessing it just totally transformed the way I look at Ian.
For the first time since I met him, I truly had a great fun,
Seeing the audiences getting excited and
exuding the energy that was merged with that of the band,
that created this massive heat I had never felt before, which I found almost electric.

I really don't know many original bands in Melbourne,
I don't care if people around me like their music.
They are surely not a boy band,
Or a wild metal band,

But I love their music.

If you're music lover and would like to check out some of their original songs, follow the link below:
http://www.blackfuelband.com/fr_home.cfm

Or check their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/BlackFuel

I hope you enjoy their music as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment