Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Maybe Sometimes.

Hey, it's been a long time.

I often imagine myself saying these words to my old friends
Whom I haven't seen for ages.
There was a time we spent many unforgettable moments together.
Some are fun, some, emotional.

What have you been up to?
I feel like asking, from time to time.

Since when I stopped making effort to keep in touch?
It feels as though it's impossible to re-create,
such a profound connection we used to have.

We've lost it.
There is no going back to our past.

Stay in touch on the Facebook.
Right.
Stay in touch only on the face.
Come on, I can't even see your face.
Your real face.

Hey,
Not everything is lost.
The time we had in those days will never disappear.

In the old days,
I'd say to my friend

Remember the old guy who used to set up the stall,
Right in front of our school's front gate?
The guy was amazing,
How he used to manipulate the melted candy
to shape animals and accessories in a matter of seconds?

There weren't many kids who bought anything from that guy
Who kept coming back to the same spot,
Not to make money, but to get the little audiences.

No cheers, no sound of gasps were heard,
But our eyes were glued to his fingers
I can't even remember his face,
But I do, the way his fingers moved like a magic

Every stage of my life
Has moments that I never forget
Like people who shared those moments with me

What have you been up to?
Are there times you wonder the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment