Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In a mood for ranting...26th May

As my trip to Japan approaches, I’m starting to calm down.
Now I read more about what’s broadcasted in Japan and realized that there are two very different kinds of news. One is watered-down information with something missing, and the other; expose-dark secret sort of information, and I was contributing to the latter.

The wish of bringing in Justice out of good intention sometimes defeats the purpose and ends up creating the opposite effect. Instead of solving anything, it aids only to raise unnecessary fear and damage the life quality of people who are involved in the matter discussed.
Unfortunately “busting what’s hidden behind” type of news sells a lot more than happy news. Are we being duped again, this time by those with different agenda with saints’ face? …and we take the bait and become confused and paranoid.
I still think that being aware of truth is important, but there are lots of things about nuclear power plant I have yet to learn. What's happened in Fukushima was nothing like Chernobyl that is for sure. I wonder if there’s some way to remove the radioactive substance in the air.

It looks like there is the study currently being conducted to develop the way to remove radioactive contamination. Everyone now knows nuclear power plants are highly dangerous. Sooner or later the alternative energy generation should be investigated such as geothermal generation while trying to close the nuclear power plant. At least the situation is not irreversible yet, although I don’t know the credibility of the information that sunflowers can reduce the amount of radioactive materials that has been found on the Internet.

Yesterday was Anzac day. There are still soldiers sacrificing their lives somewhere on this earth and for what?
Would using arm force stop violence and terrorism?
It appears to me like a huge waste of lives and tax money. The money could’ve been used to help those suffering from poverty or developing something to save this planet.
So far all what we’re doing seems to be destroying ourselves.
Do people in power really want peace? Do they really care about environmental issues?
It doesn’t make sense to me. Can weapons those soldiers use be manufactured without emitting CO2? I don’t think so - and what about when those firearms are fired? Doesn’t it emit CO2?

I am not religious, but if so called ‘god’ gives another chance to Japan, there are many things that have to change.
How much karma are we carrying and why do we always have to fight, compete and win, even when natural disasters are happening more often these days than ever.
What a bunch of idiots are we?

When the world comes to the end, we human all over the world remorse our mistakes and reminisce how beautiful the earth once was and forget the hatred, ego and greed that we clang to, realizing how meaningless these all were.

That’s the thought that troubles me and saddens me these days.
And probably my own idiocy sometimes, and dread it.

Instead of making changes, we tend to think, fuck it – we'll enjoy life while we can.
 “Damn right, we are fucked. It’s too late.” Someone said to me.
But I still believe in hope.
I have this hopeless idealism that somewhere along the line that politicians all around the world would drop their pathetic agenda to save each other, and save their people. You can laugh at me.

I’m not usually religious, but I’m selfishly pray to God now to give Japan the chance to learn, and recover. If we could in some way reduce the radiation to a safe level, our people in Northwest, Fukushima particularly can regain the spirit and quality of life without taking it for granted.

There is a hope, isn’t there?

にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ オーストラリア情報へにほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fumie.

    Hisashiburi desu ne!

    Hope you are doing well. It has been a tough time for Japan.

    My brother is going to visit Japan next week. He and a friend are spending two weeks travelling around.

    I'm going to spend a few days in Osaka next month as well.

    Have fun,
    Aidan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aidan-san,

    It's hard to believe that I'll be in Japan seeing my family by next Sunday - it almost feels bizarre in a way. I'm sure we'll all have a great time in Japan. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete