Saturday, February 19, 2011

A mobile phone should be just a mobile phone.

It is getting harder to find a new mobile phone that is solid, simple and long-lasting. 
Do you agree?

The last mobile phone I had was Motorola Razr V3, which I used for 3 years. It started experiencing minor reception issue before I eventually upgraded to my current mobile phone, but was still sort-of working. 
It was the first camera phone I owned. 
As far as I can remember there weren't many people around me who had a camera phone 10 years ago, and yet now in 2011, Nokia is selling this 12 mega-pixel camera phone and I find myself getting dissatisfied with the 3.2 mega-pixel camera phone I have. 

The clearer the image definition is the better.
And a mobile phone with 12 mega-pixel lens? 
Bloody Oath! 

However there is one thing I hate about all the latest camera phones. 
That is - a good camera phone is not just a camera phone anymore.
It’s more like a mini-computer that comes with phone, digital camera, GPS, mobile internet, radio and MORE.
Worse even, if you want a 12-mega-pixel camera phone, you'd have no choice but to put up with the myriad features you don’t need or use.

I was researching on some latest mobiles that I was interested in, and read many people’s reviews complaining of the phone switching off itself out of nowhere, the reception dropping, the screen freezing and its short battery life. 
Gee, I mean - what do you expect? 
The bottom line is, no matter how many functions it has, it is still a mobile phone - a mobile phone that is overloaded with too many apps that eat up bites and battery life. So? What do you think would happen if you multitask on what essentially is a phone? 

When I first bought my new mobile phone, I was immediately excited and used FM radio and music player, and I thought “COOL!”, but the excitement waned just as quickly since the battery ran out within a day, and yet if I use it just for calling and txt-ing, the battery lasts at least for 3-4 days no prob.

Anyway, my point is, how easy is it to use Internet using the tiny qwerty keyboard? How entertaining is it to watching TV or movie on the extra-small screen?
How convenient and safe is a GPS that freezes every few minutes?
It is NOT convenient, it is NOT practical.

There are probably many people who would argue my point but who cares?

All I need is a mobile phone! If it comes with a good camera and easy txt-ing feature it would be a great bonus but please!!! Nothing more.

Adding extra apps just puts the price up and makes the device more flimsy. 
And the phone is less likely to last for the 24-month contract period.

にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ オーストラリア情報へにほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

No comments:

Post a Comment