Saturday, November 13, 2010

We have more rains! Bring it on!!!

It's been 9 months already since I started working as a volunteer shop assistant. By now I can do pretty much everything thanks to my workmates and my boss.


Amongst everything what I enjoy the most is dressing dummies. Often it's quite a challenge to coordinate clothes when the variety of styles and colours is limited, but fortunately we've been receiving many pretty clothes these days to choose from...although half the time I get this pang of temptation while selecting outfits and end up buying a couple of them for that very reason.

Today I bought a pair of country road jeans and a leather jacket by Dormeuil England for $10 each! - but I wonder if it's dormeuil imitation...check this out.


This time I used a chair as the dummy...it doesn't have anything to match with, though.

(It even has Dormeul England logos stamped all over the lining. However, I'd never known the brand until now.)


Going back to original subject, the pleasure of dressing mannequins is that it really seems to make difference when it comes to inviting more customers in. I've become more attentive on how other retail shops display the shop windows, as well as the fashion trends.

Everytime I go there I wrap myself in clothes I got from our op-shop and brag to customers about it (well, you can't help it really, can you?)

When I first started at this shop, it was like 'OMG OMG OMG OMG it's D&G, it's portmans, that's country road, wow that's kookai...' heaven. Literally.
So now I got so many brand-name clothes I'd never had in my life before!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment