Saturday, November 13, 2010

On the Other Side of the Screen (意味不明)

Sometimes
We create something out of nothing.
We find some meaning in something that is nothing.
Or there is something which we turn into something else...

On this screen where I'm typing these words in,
I also read words written by many other people.
There must be countless number of people who's doing the same thing right at this moment.
In different places, in different languages.
And this little screen is connected to the world.

I read your words and speculate what you are like.
I only know you from the words you punch into the keyboard.
I don't know either; your face or your speaking voice.

Still,
I like your words.
Your words and what they carry
Touch my heart.
People express themselves on their blogs using different mediums.
Photos, images, poems or tweets.
 

Then someone finds your blog,
and feels something,
just like I do.

 When this computer is turned off, it goes back to a mere inanimate object.
All I can see is nothing but a dull, black screen.

Once it's connected to the Internet,
It comes to life, as if. As if, it has its own mind.
It carries and stores images, words, information and even feelings
and create its own virtual society.
In this alternative society exist good and evil
Virus is so rampant that no safety measure can fully control.

Once the words enter the Internet,
They start travelling with a will of their own.
Somewhere along the voyage the message changes.
Those words start telling different stories
when they reach the destination.
(Contrary to the sender's will)

As long as there is the sender and the recipient,
Words have the risk of getting misinterpreted.
Sometimes words could be troublesome.
 

And yet, I can learn a little about you
for I feel in your words something
that synchronizes with my wavelength.

This is just the virtual society,
yet, is connected to the real world
Through this small screen.

How will my words go about their journey, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment