Monday, May 7, 2018

A hectic day.

The plane arrived in Narita at 9am Japan time, and the good thing is that the airport was still quiet that all the entry procedures didn't take any more than 20 minutes.
We, me and my husband had so much time left before check-in time so that we decided to go to my home town Kamiooka.
There are many places where we can connect to free-wifi and while my husband was using Internet at Starbucks I dropped into my family home and had an afternoon tea with my mum.
She is already 80 and while she is definitely starting to show her age, she is amazingly sharp and fit.
It's always such a big relief to a daughter living overseas to know that her aging parent (Dad's passed away like 10 years ago.) is doing really well.
I wish I could stay there a bit longer but I was keeping my hubby waiting for hours so I went back to Kamiooka station and did some shopping.
The train ride to Shibuya where we spend the next 5 days were smooth as usual, but there were so many people that we found it hard to walk through. The way to our accomodation for the night was draining after a long full-on day like today. Shibuya is pretty central so if someone says "it's close to the station" could mean 20 minutes walk from the station. Or it was actually close but seems a lot longer because it was pissing outside, and oh, we had to look for our umbrellas that were packed "somewhere" definitely, but couldn't remember where we placed them so we were frantically digging everything out of the suitcases and backpacks like a pair of lunatics.
The weather forecast says that it's going to be rainy for the next 4 days. Well, I don't mind it. The accomodation is located in a sidestreet just off Dogenzaka with many great restaurants and casual nomiya (pubs) packed with businessmen and the locals.
We had a nice meal at a cozy restaurant with this very intimate vibe. We were the only customers there but the food was great.
It was a hard day but it all ended well, and we are looking forward to whatever we come across with tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment