Sunday, November 14, 2010

Who's playing in AFL Grand Final?

I was so buggered after coming home and had a short lie down before the AFL preliminary final Collingwood vs. Geelong.

Magpies (Collingwood) beat Geelong Cats tonight by 41 points by completely dominating the first 2 quarters. They were ahead by 62 points by the half time, and then spent the remaining quarters going easy to save energy for next week. Very clever.
Skill-wise, their hand passes, goals were highly accurate. They also had this remarkable speed, ball control and body flexibility. Anyone would agree that they are a terrific team, so complete. If there’s one thing I don’t like about them, it has to be their cool-headedness, their games have this calculated feel, which is very clever, almost too much so that makes my teeth clench.

Tomorrow nights boys (Dogs) will be playing against St. Kilda.
Of course everybody except Doggie fans believes St. Kilda to win…and I think that’s the most probable scenario, too.
But…I keep seeing this funny premonition that it’s going to be Pies vs. Doggies playing in the Grand Final. (Well, it does sound sweet to imagine that.)

You could say that’s just my wishful thinking, but my heart somehow keeps telling me that it might happen, it might. So, while my husband was going on like; “Pies will still have to play against Saints”, I was mumbling “wait till the end of preliminary final...”

Dogs indeed, only had a week’s rest since the close game against Swans last Saturday and still have injury issues with a couple of key players, while Saints had full 2 week’s rest after winning the qualifying final against Cats on Friday the week before.
Providing all these concerns, it’s crazy for me to think Dogs could be in for the Grand Final.
But I guess, though, I am still allowed to dream, and I’m not gonna watch the game tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment